POWERUP 3.0 Original Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplanes Conversion Kit – Durable Remote Controlled RC Airplane for Beginners, Works with Most Paper Airplane Books
- Price : 49.99
PowerUp 3.0 durable, crash proof design makes it an easier and more enjoyable option to traditional, bulky and battery intensive remote control helicopters and planes. The PowerUp 3.0 Bluetooth, Smart Module transforms ordinary paper planes into motorized machines, controllable directly from your smartphone. It’s also an educational experience — PowerUp 3.0 meshes origami, physics and incorporates all the components of STEAM, (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, Math). This unique combination allows for schools and teachers to educate students on the basic principles of flight, aerodynamics, and lift. With 180 feet/ 55 meter range, and 10 minutes of flight time capability, PowerUp 3.0 is the first choice in flight.
From the Manufacturer
Fold a sheet of paper into a paper airplane.
Attach the Smart Module to your paper airplane
Tilt your smartphone to steer and increase or reduce throttle to go up or down.
Describe your product in 3 words.
DIY paper drone
Where did you get the inspiration for your product?
I got excited about the project in 2007 teaching immigrant kids the principles of aerodynamics. While doing research on advances in micro indoor flight I came up with the idea for a remote-controlled paper airplane. The idea gathered momentum, and by 2011 he incorporated a company to build the device, later in 2013 I integrated the smartphone factor into the product and launched a Kickstarter to fund production. The crowd funding campaign raised over $1.2 M becoming the most funded project ever in flight category.
What differentiates your product from similar products out there?
I invented the commercial solution for powered paper airplanes. The PowerUp systems universally connect to almost any paper airplane design allowing customers leverage their know how in folding paper airplanes and adding the gravity defying magic of propelled flight. There aren’t any similar products out there which are not cheap imitations.
Tell us about the best and most challenging parts of the creation process.
PowerUp 3.0 combines technology and art, it allows the customer to be involved in the creation process of a flying machine just by folding a standard copier paper. Making a sheet of paper fly and controlled for up to 10 minutes is not a simple task, the airplane must be folded and adjusted properly. Educating and explaining the creation process to my customers has been challenging, we have created a support page and FAQ data base including tutorial videos guiding our customers step by step through the creation and flying process. Once they get the hang of it, the opportunities are endless and very addicting.
- Bring your favorite “blast from the past” to the present when you turn your paper airplane into a remote-controlled flying Machine!
- This multiple award-winning conversion kit features a crash-resistant design and will give your paper plane a massive 180 ft. (55M) range - truly a gravity-defying experience.
- Equipped with Bluetooth Smart technology, you can control your plane with your smartphone through the power up app (iOS/Android compatible, check Power Up website for more details)
- Simple controls are fun for all ages: tilt smartphone/tablet from right to left to maneuver and use the throttle lever on the app to ascend and descend
- Features battery level, charging status and range indicators plus an air traffic control attribute. New features! For easy on-boarding - boost - Nitro for extra power, in app flight Academy, free template downloads, gesture control and game-pad controls
- Contents: power up 3. 0 Bluetooth Smart module, crossbar, Spare rudder, Spare propeller, 4 sheets of special template paper (2 Cardinal design, 2 invader design), instructions, quick start guide, and mounting display and storage box
- 365 day limited !